The Northwestern Society for the Theory of Ethics and Politics (NUSTEP) hosts an annual spring conference in moral and political philosophy. We are proud that the conference has an established reputation as a constructive and collegial event addressing some of the most difficult and important questions of moral and political philosophy. The three-day conference features two invited keynote addresses and submitted papers by both faculty and graduate students as well as ample time for informal discussion. This year the conference will be take place on June 22 - 25, 2022 at The Graduate Commons at Northwestern University in Evanston .
The deadline for submissions is TBD.
For more information, please contact Kyla Ebels-Duggan: firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Keynote Addresses:
Cora Diamond (University of Virginia)
Gavin Lawrence (UCLA)
2022 Conference Information:
- See here for an Itinerary of Events for this year's conference.
- Hotel Information: A block of hotel rooms is reserved for NUSTEP guests at The Graduate Evanston, 1625 Hinman Ave, Evanston, IL 60201. We have secured a group rate of $139 a night (before taxes and fees) for the dates of June 22 – June 25, 2022. Please use the following link to reserve your room: Book your stay at Graduate Evanston (Do note that the group rate expires May 23.)
- Transportation to NU Campus: There are multiple ways to get from O'Hare airport to Evanston.
- The least expensive of these is by taking Pacebus 250, the details of which can be found here: https://www.pacebus.com/route/250. There are also rideshare services and taxi companies. Two suburban cab companies are: American Taxi (Phone: 847 253 4411) and 303 (Phone: 847 303 0303).
- Lunch and Dinner Options in Evanston (coming soon)
- Local Tourist Attractions
The conference is free and open to the public.
Please forward any inquiries to Kyla Ebels-Duggan.
- 2019 Peter Railton, Sarah Stroud
- 2018 Niko Kolodny, Sharon Street
- 2017 Marcia Baron, Kieran Setiya
- 2016 Nomy Arpaly, Pamela Hieronymi
- 2015 Frances Kamm, Joseph Raz
- 2014 Tamar Schapiro, Gary Watson
- 2013 Talbot Brewer, Sarah Buss
- 2012 Harry Frankfurt, T.M. Scanlon
- 2011 Philip Pettit, R. Jay Wallace
- 2010 Elizabeth Anderson, Christine Korsgaard
- 2009 Samuel Scheffler, Seana Shiffrin
- 2008 Susan Wolf, J. David Velleman
- 2007 Barbara Herman, Stephen Darwall