Assistant Professor Search
This search is now closed. Thank you so much for your interest.
Social Metaphysics, Philosophy of Science
Department: WCAS Philosophy
Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois. Full-time, tenure-track position of Assistant Professor in Philosophy, beginning fall quarter, 2024. Ph.D. in Philosophy by time of appointment is required. 4 courses/year spread over 3 quarters (e.g., 2-2-0), undergraduate and graduate. Thesis supervision. Usual non-teaching duties. AOS: Social Metaphysics/Philosophy of Science. AOC: Open. Salary competitive.
The Department of Philosophy is searching for a scholar whose research interests mesh with those of the present faculty and who will contribute to the department’s active role in interdisciplinary research and teaching initiatives.
Candidates should submit a letter of application, a complete CV, three letters of recommendation, a writing sample, and evidence of teaching effectiveness. All candidates must submit documents electronically via the below application link by November 27, 2023 to ensure full consideration.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please address any questions about this position to email@example.com.
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
• Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
• Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
• Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
• All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the "Submit" button.
• Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
This search is now closed.
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.