Assistant Professor Search
Africana Philosophy/African-American Philosophy
Department: WCAS Philosophy
Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois. This is a full-time, tenure- track position for an Assistant Professor in Philosophy, with an expected start date of September 1st, 2022. The candidate will teach 4 courses/year spread over 3 quarters (e.g., 2-2-0), undergraduate and graduate, including thesis supervision and usual non-teaching duties. AOS: Africana Philosophy, African-American Philosophy. AOC: Open. Salary competitive. Applicants must have earned a Ph.D. in Philosophy by the time of appointment, or shortly thereafter, with a demonstrated record of excellence in research in and teaching of Africana Philosophy/African-American Philosophy. We are especially interested in scholars whose research interests mesh with those of the present faculty and who will contribute to the department's active role in interdisciplinary research and teaching initiatives.
Candidates should submit a letter of application, a complete CV, three letters of recommendation, proof of teaching excellence, and a writing sample. All candidates must submit documents electronically by November 21, 2021, to ensure full consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Please address any questions about this position to email@example.com.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
• Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
• Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
• Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
• All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the "Submit" button.
• Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
Applications accepted here: https://facultyrecruiting.northwestern.edu/apply/MTEzMQ==
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.Back to top